September 1st is the start of our virtual crab crawl. Our first distance is 3.63 miles and takes you from the Naval Academy Stadium across the Scenic Severn River to a local favorite known as Cantler’s.
Please remember this is a virtual race and the 3.63 miles is run on a safe course of your choosing.
Have a great day and happy running!
The wait is over! The first ever Annapolis Striders Virtual Crab Crawl is open for registration!
We have also set up a Facebook group so you can post about your “crawl” and let everyone know when you find the perfect crab!
This is our first foray into virtual races so there may be a few bumps in the road along the way. Please have patience with us as we do this for the first time.
Have more questions? Email email@example.com.
|Saturday, August 22nd 2:00pm-4:00pm: Mark your calendar! We will be handing out the premium and medal on Saturday, August 22nd from 2:00pm-4:00pm at Westfield Annapolis Mall in Annapolis, MD. We will be located in the lower level of the parking garage fronting Bestgate Road between Pottery Barn and Nordstrom. This will be your only opportunity to pick up your premium. WE WILL NOT BE MAILING PREMIUMS. |
Walk-up or drive-by: MASKS ARE REQUIRED!
Someone may pick up your premium with a written, e-mail or text note of permission.
Get ready for it! The first ever Annapolis Striders Crab Crawl. Virtually run through Annapolis and surrounding areas in search of the perfect crabs! Earning badges along the way! Watch your inbox, Annapolis Striders website and E-Streak for additional details in the near future.
B&A Premiums and Medals
At long last, we will be handing out premiums/medals to participants. If you were registered for the race, you will be receiving an email with location details.
In search of gifted members capable of creating graphics and designs for our Crab Crawl. Eva has some ideas but needs someone to bring them to life. Please contact Eva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear ES6 Family,
We are on for the 10th edition to occur Saturday, August 29th. We will be practicing the following contact-free safeguards that will provide reasonable prevention of exposure to the virus and allow for a safe experience for all participants:
- Greenbury Point would be restricted to only runners and limited race management personnel. No support crews nor spectators allowed. A volunteer will be stationed on the main road verifying cars and runners.
- Screening of all participants upon arrival at Greenbury Point will be documented.
- As runners arrive and while still in their cars, their names will be verified against the registration list.
- They would be asked whether they have experienced COVID 19 symptoms or been around anyone who has in the last two weeks. Answers will be recorded.
- Their temperature would be taken. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 F would be refused access to Greenbury Point and instructed to leave and to contact their physician and seek medical advice.
- Runners would only be allowed to use Portable Toilets and hand washing stations provided, not the facilities at Greenbury Point.
- Runners would be required to use the Portable Hand Washing Stations prior to and after using the Portable Toilets.
- Portable Toilets would be cleaned – sprayed with disinfectant – after every use.
- Contact Free Race procedures
- Runners will be required to cover their mouth and nose, with a face cover (Buff, mask, etc.), at all times prior to start and immediately upon finishing.
- Runners will be instructed to exercise social distancing at all times, even while running.
- Runners will stay to the right of the path/trail while running and announce themselves when intending to pass another runner.
- Race packets contact free. Prior to the race, packets will be laid out in an area separate from one another, with only one person at a time allowed to retrieve a packet.
- No aid will be provided to runners. They will be required to provide their own aid from their vehicles during the race.
- Vehicles will be parked end to end to ensure social distancing.
- A corral and wave system will be used:
- 10 runners at a time will line up in a corral with lines separating individuals into six foot sections.
- Runners will start one at a time separated by 10 seconds each.
- Event timing will be provided without any contact necessary by runners.
- Awards will be mailed or laid out in an area similar to race packets separate from one another, with only one person at a time allowed to retrieve an award.
Other contact-free safeguards may be established so that we can still hold the event. We will keep you updated as we progress. We appreciate your time. Please go to the race webpage for more details and more updates.
Mosi, John, & Steve
The Board met last night to discuss upcoming races and training. Below is where we currently are.
Based on the current guidelines, we are not able to offer in person training. (Our group size exceeds the maximum allowed.) We will be posting the training schedules on the Annapolis Striders website so that everyone will be able to prepare for races.
The Board made the decision to discontinue scoring the series for 2020 and to not have awards for this year since we will not have the full series of races. This does not mean we have cancelled the races in the series. We will have champ series races if and when possible.
We will not be refunding the Champ Series registration fee or deferring to 2021. We have had one Champ Series race in 2020 and intend to have more.
John Wall Mile – postponed
We are working on a new venue that is better suited for timing and social distancing. That being said, when we have the race, we will be limiting the participants to those registered for the Champ Series. Watch the E-Streak and website for updates.
Endless Summer – TBD
We have not been able to obtain a permit. If not permit is received prior to July 18th, the race will be postponed.
Dog Days – cancelled ☹
We were unable to obtain a permit for this race.
B&A half/full marathon premiums
We will be scheduling a Saturday or Sunday morning in the near future for a drive by pick up. Details to be provided once a date is set.
We will continue to reevaluate and update members on the status of future events as the situation evolves.