For only $25 for a one-year, individual membership or $40 for a family membership, the Annapolis Striders offers the following benefits.
- Free participation in year-round training programs led by RRCA-certified coaches at every standard race distance: 5K, 10K, 10 Mile, Half-Marathon, Marathon, and ultra-marathon. The club also offers coach-led programs for younger children.
- A Championship Series of eight races for only $35 at distances from one mile to 26.2 kilometers. End of year awards recognize the top finishers in each 5-year age bracket. At many non-Championship series races, club members receive a discount on the registration fee.
- Casual socials once a month at local restaurants to encourage runners to get together with other club members and form new friendships.
- A bi-weekly, E-Streak with emailed updates on races, training, and community running news, as well as a quarterly hard-copy magazine, The Streak, with articles written by members and local professionals in the running community.
- Training opportunities for aspiring running coaches and race directors.
- Volunteer opportunities, including race directing, coaching, scoring, and timing, in addition to working water stops, race registration, or as course monitors. There are also volunteer opportunities to work within the community to encourage others towards a healthy, active life style.
If you are interested in running, the Annapolis Striders club membership is the best $25 you will ever spend. Perhaps the greatest benefit of membership is being able to meet and run with like-minded happy, healthy people.
The Annapolis Striders running club is a non-profit organization founded by runners and for runners of all ages and abilities. As the oldest running club in Anne Arundel County, the Annapolis Striders has more than 1400 members who consider running as part of their active life style.