A-10 EXPO! Avoid packet pick-up lines on Sunday morning by visiting the Annapolis Ten Mile Run Expo at Navy–Marine Corps Memorial Stadium on Saturday (8/26) between 10 AM & 5 PM! Enter through Gate 5 off of Taylor Avenue (parking is free), pick up your bib number and premiums (hat & bottle opener), and check out our many vendors & exhibitors, including The National Running Center, Annapolis Running Shop, Arundel Volunteer Fire Department, Charm City Run Annapolis, Corrigan Sports Enterprises,Fleet Feet Sports Annapolis, Freedom’s Run Race Series, j&a racing, Summit To Soul, Travis Manion Foundation, WhitePaws RunMitts, Spunkwear, The Y in Central Maryland, and, of course, the Annapolis Striders! Limited in-person registration WILL be available at the expo on Saturday! (No race day registration, so Saturday is your last chance.)
Where’s everything gonna be on race morning?,” you ask? Look no further than these maps of Navy–Marine Corps Memorial Stadium showing our parking entrances and the general race layout! On Sunday morning we will be using parking lot Gates 3, 3A, and 4 only, all off of Cedar Park Road. (Gate 5, open for Saturday’s expo, will NOT be open on Sunday.) There will be a few thousand other runners, spectators, & volunteers converging on the stadium around the same time, so anticipate traffic & show up early! Parking is free; volunteers will help get you parked.
Roads will begin to close around the stadium at 6:45 am. A list of the race morning road closures may be found here.
Follow the Annapolis Ten Mile Run on Facebook for any last minute announcements.
This weekend’s weather is looking perfect for a run through Annapolis. If you haven’t registered yet, do it now. Online registration closes after Thursday August 24th. If we have any slots left after tomorrow, you may register at the expo Saturday August 26th. Visit our race page to get the registration and expo details.
Registrants can verify their registration from active.com by going to https://myevents.active.com/. You can also get your bib number directly from MD Timing. If you don’t find your bib number, please contact the race director at email@example.com.
Runners and spectators can park at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Everyone parking at the stadium should arrive well ahead of the 7am start. Street closures will begin at 6:45 am at the stadium. Parking will be on the south side of the stadium through Gates 3, 3A, and 4, all off of Cedar Park Road.
We do not have bag check for this race. Please leave your belongings in your vehicle. Parking is adjacent to the start and finish line.
No unattended backpacks or other bags permitted in the start/finish and expo areas. The City of Annapolis Police Department will confiscate any unattended backpack or bag. The City of Annapolis Police Department will also have drug and weapon sniffing canines; if a canine has positive smell on a backpack or bag, the race will be stopped while the bag is investigated.
Below are various temporary street closures and detours.
NOTE: Traffic will be able to travel in and out of Rowe Boulevard by way of a detour around the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Police will be stationed at the Rowe intersections (Farragut Road/Rowe Boulevard and Herbert Sachs/Rowe Boulevard) to direct people.
Stadium Area / Rowe Blvd (6:45 – 7:30 a.m.)
• Taylor Ave. between Cedar Park Rd. & Rowe Blvd. – Closed to traffic until 7:50
• Cedar Park Rd. between Taylor Ave. & Farragut Rd. – Closed to traffic
• Farragut Rd. – Closed to traffic
• Rowe Blvd. – Southbound lane from Farragut to Taylor – Closed to traffic
West Annapolis/Taylor Ave. Area (7:30 – 9:15 a.m.)
• Taylor Ave from Rowe Blvd to Baltimore Blvd – closed from 8:15 to 9:15
• Intersection of Rowe Blvd. at Taylor Ave. – Closed to traffic
• Taylor Ave. south of Rowe Blvd. – Detour around the Stadium using Farragut Rd. and Cedar Park to go toward West St. or re-enter Rowe Blvd.)
Historic Area (7:15 – 7:50 a.m.)
• Rowe Blvd. between Taylor Ave. & Northwest St. – Inbound (SE bound) lanes closed to traffic between 7:40 and 8:10
• Northwest St. – Closed to traffic
• Church Circle – North portion of Circle between Northwest St. & Main St.; closed to traffic; southern portion of Circle remains open to traffic
• Church Circle at College Ave. – Closed to traffic when runners are passing
• Main St. – Closed to traffic until 8:10
• Main St. & Randall St. – Closed to traffic from 7:45 until 8:25
• Randall St. & King George St. – Closed to traffic
• King George St. between Randall St. & Baltimore Blvd. – Closed to traffic
• College Ave. at King George St. – Closed to traffic entering King George St
Naval Academy Bridge Area (7:30 – 9:20 a.m.)
• Route 450 from King George St. to 648 – Closed to traffic
• Baltimore Blvd at Perry Circle – Closed to traffic
• Baltimore Blvd. at Sellers Rd. – Closed to traffic
Pendennis Mount/Ferry Farms (7:30 – 8:45 a.m.)
• Northbound lane of Route 648 open to metered traffic only – one direction at a time (8:00a.m. to 9:15)
• Route 648 from Route 450 to Ferry Farms – Closed to traffic Southbound lane closed to traffic
The Annapolis Striders Ten Mile Run is over 85% full! Thank you to those who have registered.
The registration fee will increase on August 20th to $85 so register NOW!
Registered but unable to run? Registration deferral or transfer is now available. Check out the race page for instructions.
The Annapolis Striders Ten Mile Run is over 70% full! Thank you to those who have registered.
The registration fee will increase on July 1st to $80 so register NOW!
Online registration for the 42nd Annapolis Ten Mile Run has closed, however limited walk-up registration will be available at the race expo Saturday August 26.
The Annapolis Ten Mile Run is a 10-mile foot race organized by the Annapolis Striders, Inc., a 1400 member, all volunteer, non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization, established in 1978, in Annapolis Maryland that promotes physical fitness and mental well-being through distance running. The race is conducted according to the road racing guidelines of the Road Runners Club of America. For a history of this community race, please visit our race archive.
The race has been listed as one of the top ten 10-mile races in the country by Runner’s World Magazine. It is a beautiful run through historic Annapolis and over the Severn River. For 2017, the race has been selected as an RRCA Regional Championship Event.
An award will be presented to the top scoring male team and an award will be presented to the top scoring female team, based on the net chip aggregate time of the top three fastest male and female runners, that are current members of a RRCA Maryland or D.C. running club. A team can consist of an unlimited number of runners of the same sex, but only the first three finishers will be scored in the competition. There are no mixed-sex teams. Each male and female team must separately consist of at least three finishers of the same sex in order to qualify for this award, and runners may only compete for one running club.
In order to be considered for this award, each scoring runner must be a current member of a RRCA Maryland and D.C. running club. At registration, there will be a pull down menu where you can select your running club. You must select your running club at the time of registration, and no changes to your designation will be permitted.
Race Director: Will Myers