Dear ES6 Family,
We are on for the 10th edition to occur Saturday, August 29th. We will be practicing the following contact-free safeguards that will provide reasonable prevention of exposure to the virus and allow for a safe experience for all participants:
1 – Greenbury Point would be restricted to only runners and limited race management personnel. No support crews nor spectators allowed. A volunteer will be stationed on the main road verifying cars and runners.
2 – Screening of all participants upon arrival at Greenbury Point will be documented.
- As runners arrive and while still in their cars, their names will be verified against the registration list.
- They would be asked whether they have experienced COVID 19 symptoms or been around anyone who has in the last two weeks. Answers will be recorded.
- Their temperature would be taken. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 F would be refused access to Greenbury Point and instructed to leave and to contact their physician and seek medical advice.
3 – Runners would only be allowed to use Portable Toilets and hand washing stations provided, not the facilities at Greenbury Point.
- Runners would be required to use the Portable Hand Washing Stations prior to and after using the Portable Toilets.
- Portable Toilets would be cleaned – sprayed with disinfectant – after every use.
4 – Contact Free Race procedures
- Runners will be required to cover their mouth and nose, with a face cover (Buff, mask, etc.), at all times prior to start and immediately upon finishing.
- Runners will be instructed to exercise social distancing at all times, even while running.
- Runners will stay to the right of the path/trail while running and announce themselves when intending to pass another runner.
- Race packets contact free. Prior to the race, packets will be laid out in an area separate from one another, with only one person at a time allowed to retrieve a packet.
- No aid will be provided to runners. They will be required to provide their own aid from their vehicles during the race.
- Vehicles will be parked end to end to ensure social distancing.
- A corral and wave system will be used
o 10 runners at a time will line up in a corral with lines separating individuals into six foot sections.
o Runners will start one at a time separated by 10 seconds each.
- Event timing will be provided without any contact necessary by runners.
- Awards will be mailed or laid out in an area similar to race packets separate from one another, with only one person at a time allowed to retrieve an award.
Other contact-free safeguards may be established so that we can still hold the event. We will keep you updated as we progress. We appreciate your time.
Mosi, John, & Steve
ES6 is a proud benefactor for the Semper Fi Fund. http://semperfifund.org.
|Registration Date||Annapolis Striders Member||Non-Member|
|Solo Runner - Until May 14||$45||$55|
|Solo Runner - May 15 - June 14 @ 11:59PM||$55||$65|
|Solo Runner - After June 14||$65||$75|
|3-Person Relay - Until May 14||$35||$45|
|3-Person Relay - May 15 - June 14 @ 11:59PM||$50||$60|
|3-Person Relay - After June 14||$65||$75|
Transfers and Refunds
Please contact the race directors about refunds or registration issues.
Fast and flat scenic 4.37-mile loop, primarily on packed, dirt paths around Greenbury Point across the Severn River from the U.S. Naval Academy.
The race also features the only certified marathon in the capital of Maryland.
USA Track & Field Certified -- Certificate # MD19001BW
Check In and Facilites
We will be based out of the Greenbury Point pavilion. All race announcements and activities will be out of the pavilion. There will be signage and a course marshal to wave you in (carpooling encouraged). Come dressed to run! The Greenbury Point Nature Center comfort station is CLOSED to runners. Several port-a-potties will be available.
NOTE: If you want to be considered for overall or age group prizes and have your name appear in the race results, you are NOT allowed a pacer. A pacer is any individual (or groups of individuals) who accompanies an entrant for any distance greater than 100 yards at one time.
Let me repeat that for the hard of hearing and otherwise recalcitrant folks out there, pacers of any type (on bicycle, on rollerskates, hockey skates, hoverboard, on horseback, pogo stick, rocketship, etc.) are not allowed , if you want to be listed in the official results. Inability to speak and understand English is not a loop hole. Inability to understand the definition of a pacer is also not a loop hole. You will be disqualified.
Now, if you don't care about winning anything or being listed in the official results, by all means, get grandma out there in her Rascal 600 or better yet the eWheels EW-72 Recreational Scooter with a top speed of 15 mph to pace you for a few laps. Just don't interfere with the other runners.
USATF Course Certification: MD19001BW
One well-stocked aid station per loop, providing water, sports drinks, and a wide assortment of food stuffs. Please bring your special nutrition needs, to be staged along race course as needed.
No wheels, pets, etc. allowed during the race due to safety considerations and insurance regulations.
The field will be limited to 200 athletes--solo and relay teams inclusive.
Note updated start time! Race starts at @ 7:00 AM.
AwardsAwards to overall Solo Runners (Male/Female/Masters/Military categories), overall relay team *3 runners per team* (Male/Female/Mixed categories), and top two placement (1st & 2nd) Male/Female in 10-year age groups (29&Under through 60&Up) covering the most distance.
Striders need to use a code from The Streak for the discount.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact the race directors.
Email EndlessSummer@annapolisstriders.org to contact the race directors.