Dear ES6 Family,
We hope this note finds you and yours well out there in this uncertain time of collective adversity. As race directors, our utilitarian aim is to anticipate and plan accordingly for contingencies in order to a) create an experience and b) lookout for the safety of all participants, staff, and volunteers involved. Working through a global pandemic was just above zombie outbreaks on the list of likelihoods—yet we are here.
In keeping with the premise we wanted to communicate with you—the confirmed participants, those potential registrants, and the cadre of folks comprising our volunteers—about our current thoughts and potential courses of action. While the race is several months away, we realize there is a high probability that the constraints, in dealing with COVID-19, will remain in effect come race day. As many race-day safeguards as we can employ (social distancing on-course/aid-stations, separate food baggies for grab-and-go, hand-sanitizer baths, etc.), we cannot 100% guarantee the prevention of transmission. No later than 30-May-2020, we will publish a final determination for the 10th annual event. Provided below are possible courses of action we are evaluating:
- Continue with the event as-is given a vaccination is produced and the number of confirmed cases is reduced. We are not holding our breaths for this to occur by the end of July.
- Postpone the event for a later date.
- We lose the summer aspect of this event. But for our die-hard returnees out there, it provides the possibility of running this event this year.
- An alternate date would be coordinated with the Annapolis Striders in conjunction with the overall race schedule and resource provisions.
- Continue the event in a virtual format.
- All registrants would simply need to run for 6-hours on a course (trail, road, treadmill, backyard, bedroom, etc.) of their choosing.
- Upon conclusion, each entrant would be required to send their GPX files/Garmin Connect/Strava/etc links to the RDs for verification. Yes, this will require GPS capability.
- Race premiums and finisher awards would be mailed upon completion of verification. (Note: AG/OA awards would be excluded due to the variance in courses available/chosen by each participant.)
- Cancel the 2020 event. While not ideal, be prepared to proceed as this being the most probable action. Each entrant would have the option of:
- Requesting a refund.
- Requesting a deferment with their 2020 entry fee covering their entry for 2021.
- Considering their entry fee a donation to the Semper Fi Fund.
Currently, we have enacted a new feature to the registration: pausing credit card processing. In essence, this creates a virtual waitlist of those interested in running the event from now moving forward. This means that if you are not already registered, and are thinking about signing up, you can put your name on the waitlist at no cost to you. If the race is canceled, you will not have spent any money. If the race is able to proceed, you will receive an email being invited to complete registration at that time.
In the meantime, wash your hands and wash your derrieres. Please do your part and if you get outside, move smartly. As always, we appreciate your time.
Mosi, John, & Steve
ES6 is a proud benefactor for the Semper Fi Fund. http://semperfifund.org.
|Registration Date||Annapolis Striders Member||Non-Member|
|Solo Runner - Until May 14||$45||$55|
|Solo Runner - May 15 - June 14 @ 11:59PM||$55||$65|
|Solo Runner - After June 14||$65||$75|
|3-Person Relay - Until May 14||$35||$45|
|3-Person Relay - May 15 - June 14 @ 11:59PM||$50||$60|
|3-Person Relay - After June 14||$65||$75|
Transfers and Refunds
Please contact the race directors about refunds or registration issues.
Fast and flat scenic 4.37-mile loop, primarily on packed, dirt paths around Greenbury Point across the Severn River from the U.S. Naval Academy.
The race also features the only certified marathon in the capital of Maryland.
USA Track & Field Certified -- Certificate # MD19001BW
Check In and Facilites
We will be based out of the Greenbury Point pavilion. All race announcements and activities will be out of the pavilion. There will be signage and a course marshal to wave you in (carpooling encouraged). Come dressed to run! The Greenbury Point Nature Center comfort station is CLOSED to runners. Several port-a-potties will be available.
NOTE: If you want to be considered for overall or age group prizes and have your name appear in the race results, you are NOT allowed a pacer. A pacer is any individual (or groups of individuals) who accompanies an entrant for any distance greater than 100 yards at one time.
Let me repeat that for the hard of hearing and otherwise recalcitrant folks out there, pacers of any type (on bicycle, on rollerskates, hockey skates, hoverboard, on horseback, pogo stick, rocketship, etc.) are not allowed , if you want to be listed in the official results. Inability to speak and understand English is not a loop hole. Inability to understand the definition of a pacer is also not a loop hole. You will be disqualified.
Now, if you don't care about winning anything or being listed in the official results, by all means, get grandma out there in her Rascal 600 or better yet the eWheels EW-72 Recreational Scooter with a top speed of 15 mph to pace you for a few laps. Just don't interfere with the other runners.
USATF Course Certification: MD19001BW
One well-stocked aid station per loop, providing water, sports drinks, and a wide assortment of food stuffs. Please bring your special nutrition needs, to be staged along race course as needed.
No wheels, pets, etc. allowed during the race due to safety considerations and insurance regulations.
The field will be limited to 200 athletes--solo and relay teams inclusive.
Note updated start time! Race starts at @ 7:00 AM.
AwardsAwards to overall Solo Runners (Male/Female/Masters/Military categories), overall relay team *3 runners per team* (Male/Female/Mixed categories), and top Male/Female in 10-year age groups (29&Under through 60&Up) covering the most distance.
Striders need to use a code from The Streak for the discount.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact the race directors.
Email EndlessSummer@annapolisstriders.org to contact the race directors.