Fellow Striders, in light of the continuing social distancing, the Board has decided to cancel the upcoming All Comers Track Meets (June 10th, 17th & 24th), the Dawson’s Father’s Day 10k (June 21st) and the Women’s Distance Festival/Run after the Women 5k (July 11th). It was not an easy decision to make. There were a number of factors that led us to this decision but the most important was the safety of the runners and the volunteers. We will continue to reevaluate and update members on the status of future events as the situation evolves and we receive more guidance from public health officials and local government.
Dear ES6 Family,
We hope this note finds you and yours well out there in this uncertain time of collective adversity. As race directors, our utilitarian aim is to anticipate and plan accordingly for contingencies in order to a) create an experience and b) lookout for the safety of all participants, staff, and volunteers involved. Working through a global pandemic was just above zombie outbreaks on the list of likelihoods—yet we are here.
In keeping with the premise we wanted to communicate with you—the confirmed participants, those potential registrants, and the cadre of folks comprising our volunteers—about our current thoughts and potential courses of action. While the race is several months away, we realize there is a high probability that the constraints, in dealing with COVID-19, will remain in effect come race day. As many race-day safeguards as we can employ (social distancing on-course/aid-stations, separate food baggies for grab-and-go, hand-sanitizer baths, etc.), we cannot 100% guarantee the prevention of transmission. No later than 30-May-2020, we will publish a final determination for the 10th annual event. Provided below are possible courses of action we are evaluating:
Currently, we have enacted a new feature to the registration: pausing credit card processing. In essence, this creates a virtual waitlist of those interested in running the event from now moving forward. This means that if you are not already registered, and are thinking about signing up, you can put your name on the waitlist at no cost to you. If the race is canceled, you will not have spent any money. If the race is able to proceed, you will receive an email being invited to complete registration at that time.
In the meantime, wash your hands and wash your derrieres. Please do your part and if you get outside, move smartly. As always, we appreciate your time.
Mosi, John, & Steve
There are no upcoming events at this time.