Did you sign up for last year’s B&A or the 1st ever Annapolis Striders Crab Crawl and need to pick up your premium? Or, maybe you received a year end award pre 2020? Fear not!!! We will have one more (aka FINAL) chance for you to pick these items up. On March 20th from 8 am – 1 pm, these items will be at Maryland Paint & Decorating located at 209 Chinquapin Round Road, #100 in Annapolis. Stop by and ask for Eva.
These are the results from the Anniversary Run 15k held virtually. Results were submitted by entrants from December 6 to December 13, 2020. The registration fees from entrants were donated to charities.
Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, the in-person running of the Valentine’s 5K couldn’t be held this year. We invite everyone to join our virtual Valentine’s 5K instead.
You have until the end-of-the-day February 13th to register and upload results for the race (in other words, before the clock ticks over to February 14th) . See the registration page at runsignup.com for more details about uploading your run time.
While this race would normally be the first race in the Championship Series, this race will not count this year. In the event we are able to hold in-person races in the Championship Series, the Valentine’s 5K will not be counted towards your series score.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the Annapolis Striders is making alterations to its early 2021 race schedule.
- The Eternal Winter 6-Hour Run is on! This race is already full. Any questions about this race should be directed to EternalWinter@annapolisstriders.org.
- The Valentine’s 5K will be transitioned to a free, no-frills virtual race. This race will not count towards the Championship Series rankings. This will be the graduation run for the current Beginners 5K training program.
- The B&A Marathon and Half Marathon is currently postponed. Once pandemic restrictions ease such that we can obtain permits with Anne Arundel County to safely hold a large event, we will revisit the scheduling of this race. We do hope to hold the 30th running of this race. Regardless we are currently holding a virtual Half Marathon training program for those interested in working up to half-marathon distance or improving their time.
- The Cherry Pit 10 Miler is also projected to be a virtual race. If virtual, this race will not count towards the Championship Series rankings but it will have a race premium (for a fee.)
The next race on the schedule after the Cherry Pit 10 Miler is Dawson’s Father Day 10K in June. It is our hope that we can hold this race in-person.
For those who look forward to the Championship Series rankings to resume, we also hope that we will begin scoring the series this year. The Championship Series rules accommodate races that we are unable to hold. If the Father’s Day 10K is the first Championship Series race we hold this year, then the scoring will begin with that race.
Stay healthy and safe out there.
This race has been postponed.
Thank you for your interest in the race. Unfortunately, due to the ongoing pandemic, we will not be able to hold the race on the original date. We are hopeful that mid-summer there will be a change that will allow for large gatherings. Once this occurs, we will work with the County to obtain permits and determine a race date. We are looking forward to that date and seeing you there.
The Eternal Winter 6 Hour Run course is the 3.65 mile dirt and paved trail within Greenbury Point at the Naval Support Activity Annapolis base. It is a FAT ASS style run benefiting our local food pantry, the Light House (http://www.annapolislighthouse.org/). The Light House Homeless Prevention Support Center has served the community as a basic needs provider of food, shelter, and support services for over 25 years.
Location: Greenbury Point, Naval Support Activity Annapolis, Annapolis, MD. Use 289-283 Bullard Blvd, Annapolis, MD 21402 in your GPS.
Registration: Race Day — None.
Race Time: 8:00 am
Entry fee: There are two parts to the registration. A check and a food donation.
JAN 10 UPDATE: REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. RACE IS FULL.
- Mail-in this form (filled out) with a $20 check made out to the Light House.
- The check is returned to you if you show up on race morning and produce TEN items from the list below. If you don’t show up, or show up empty-handed, we will provide the check to the charity in lieu of the items you would have donated.
BUT in return for donating your check to The Light House shelter and pantry, AND IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE FIRST 60 PEOPLE TO SIGN UP you will be offered a custom Eternal Winter facemask suitable for all safe social distancing gatherings. All the kewl kids wear them. Be a kuhl kid and donate your check.
Suggested items include:
Peanut Butter and Jelly
Coffee – ground
Macaroni and cheese
Instant mashed potatoes
Fruit Juice (40 oz or less)
Boxes or small bags of rice
Bitcoin (just checking to see if you are really reading the list)
Come “join” us for 12 weeks of half marathon training. Not sure if the “graduation” race will be live or virtual but at least you will be up and moving!!
Virtual training starts the week of January 3rd so get running. You need to be able to run 6 miles comfortably at the start. Follow us on the Facebook page for the training schedule and tips and tricks.