And Our 38th year for RATW 5K!
This year, this race will be Leg 4 of the Maryland RRCA Women’s Distance Grand Prix Series.
Runners and walkers of all ages and abilities are welcome. Under normal circumstances, the WDF Grand Prix Series consists of 7 – 8 races (all 5k). Those women who complete 4 or more races will be honored with a Participation Award. Stayed tuned for information regarding the Awards Banquet normally held in October. For a complete listing of these races, click on the link above.
This race starts at 7:45 am with the Women, and then the Men will start at approximately 8:30 am. This race is also the graduation race for the Annapolis Strider’s Beginner’s Group.
We now have Race-Day Registration @ $30.00 Bring exact amount, or check made payable to Annapolis Striders, Inc.
|Early Bird until May 20, 2022||$15 mail-in, $17.50 online|
|May 21 - July 06, 2022||$20 mail-in, $22.50 online|
|July 9, 2022||$30|
Transfers and Refunds
No refunds or transfers will be granted for this race.
Packet PickupRace-day packet pick-up at West Annapolis Elementary School Cafeteria on the Tucker Street side of the school, beginning at 6:30 am.
Race begins on Annapolis Street beside the West Annapolis Elementary School located at 505 Melvin Avenue, Annapolis, MD 21401. An open course through the Wardour neighborhood of West Annapolis. On paved roads, with some shaded areas, mostly flat, with a few hills, and one foot bridge.
Here are the directions:
1. Start on the southwest side of West Annapolis Elementary School on Annapolis Street across from house 207
2. Turn left on Melvin Avenue and continue for five blocks.
3. Turn right on Old Crossing Lane and continue straight as it becomes Norwood Road.
4. Turn left onto Kent Road and cross wooden footbridge at the dead end.
** (Water stop at footbridge, 0.82 miles)
5. Turn left at end of footbridge onto Wardour Drive.
6. Bear right at traffic circle to continue on Wardour Drive.
** (1 mile mark is just beyond circle, at end of driveway for house 205.)
7. Bear left at triangular road island onto Westwood Road.
8. Turn left at end of Westwood onto Scott Drive.
9. Turn left on Claude Street.
10. Turn right onto Monterey Avenue and continue for two blocks.
11. Turn left onto Tolson Street to begin second loop and continue for two blocks.
** (Halfway point is midway down the first block, just beyond house 204.)
12. Turn left onto Giddings Avenue.
13. Turn right at end of Giddings onto Old Crossing Lane and continue straight as it becomes Norwood Road.
** (2 mile mark is just beyond driveway for house 209.)
14. Turn left onto Kent Road and cross wooden footbridge at the dead end.
** (Water stop at footbridge, 2.25 miles)
15. Turn left at end of footbridge onto Wardour Drive.
16. Bear right at traffic circle to continue on Wardour Drive.
17. Bear left at triangular road island onto Westwood Road.
18. Turn left at end of Westwood onto Scott Drive.
19. Turn left on Claude Street.
20. Turn right onto Monterey Avenue and continue for four blocks.
** (3 mile mark is about 15 yards before crossing Tucker Street.)
21. Turn left onto Annapolis Street.
22. Finish on the southwest side of West Annapolis Elementary where the race started.
Chip timing provided by Maryland Timing. Unofficial & Official Results will be posted on the Annapolis Striders and Maryland Timing websites.
Two water stops will be provided. One located at the foot bridge and one near the start/finish line.
COVID 19 restrictions will be in effect. If you are not feeling well on race day, please stay home.
No headphones, strollers or animals will be allowed.
Awards1st, 2nd, and 3rd Overall Place Awards for Women’s and Men’s Races. Age group awards will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for following age groups: 19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 and over. 1st & 2nd place Mother/Daughter Team.
There will be post-race food supplied by The Great Harvest Bread Company (chocolate chip cookies) and Safeway (bananas & trail mix), Dunkin Donuts (donuts & coffee), and freezy pops
To volunteer, please contact the race director. We will have a worker’s run on June 26 so you will get credit for the GPS.
Email WDF5K@annapolisstriders.org to contact the race director.