Looking for results? Results are here. Links to pictures will also be on the results page when they are ready.
“Like” the B&A Trail Marathon Facebook Page for race day updates!
FAQ’s for Sunday:
1. Both races will start at 7:30am. We will have an early marathon group start option at 7am. Please line up by 6:50am. Please note if you start the marathon early you will be ineligible for awards and must still finish by 1:30pm. If you do not start with the early group at 7am you must start with everyone at 7:30am.
2. The weather is leaning on the colder start for race morning. If you wear throw-away clothes please be courteous of the trail. Please drop items at the school before you start or drop them at an aid station for volunteers to collect.
3. Please be kind to our environment and the trail. Please drop nutrition packets in the trashcans at aid stations or keep them with you. Please do not drop them along the trail.
4. You may pick up packets for other runners with a photo of their ID and a note from the runner authorizing that person to pick it up on their behalf. At packet pick-up, we will ask for the name, address, and age of each runner. The note can be written, in an Email or a text.
5. If you would like to upgrade to the marathon or downgrade to the half you can do that at packet pick up. There will be a runner issues table. You must transfer before the race begins.
6. Just a reminder, this race is managed and operated completely by volunteers. Everyone you meet is donating their time to help you have the best race experience possible! We are just as excited to be back racing after 2 years as our runners are! Thank you for joining us and please thank your volunteers as you see them!
Runners must be 13 years of age by race day for the half marathon and 16 years of age for the full marathon.
Online registration will close on Wednesday, March 23rd. Spots are still available for signup at packet pick up. Both races will be $100 after 3/23 There will be no race day registration.
Transfers and Refunds
Transfers and Refunds
Switching full marathon registration to half marathon registration:
If for any reason you will not be able to complete the full 26.2-mile marathon or wish to upgrade to 26.2 from 13.1 you can do so via your Run Sign Up account. You can make this change until March 18th.
After March 18 you can make the switch at packet pick up. There is no refund if you downgrade.
There will be NO refunds, deferrals, or discounted entries.
Late registrants are not guaranteed a premium. If there are extra premiums late registrants can pick up one AFTER the race. The race field size is limited by our permit with the B & A Trail Park.
There will be no race day registration
Packet PickupThanks to True Core Crossfit for being our packet pickup sponsor. Packet pick-up will be offered on Friday, March 25 from 4 - 7 at True Core - 1981 Moreland Pkwy, Annapolis, MD 21401 Saturday, March 26 from 11 - 3 at Severna Park High School There will be a limited packet pick-up on race morning from 6am - 7am. If you are local please try to come to one of the pick-up times. At this time we are not mailing packets. You may pick up packets for other runners with a photo of their ID and a note from the runner authorizing that person to pick it up on their behalf. At packet pick-up, we will ask for the name, address, and age of each runner. The note can be written, in an Email or a text. Online registration will close on Wednesday, March 23rd. If spots remain you can register at packet pickup. Both races will be $100 after 3/23 There will be no race day registration.
The course will run approximately two miles on residential streets with the remainder on the B&A Trail; an asphalt “rails to trails” bike and running path. There is one significant hill on the marathon course. The course is USATF certified (Boston qualifier). Volunteers will monitor all turns and most intersections. The course will be closed to automobile traffic, but there are numerous road crossings and the trail IS open to other runners, walkers and bicyclists. Please be alert and courteous.
USATF Course Certification: MD17001LMJ (Half-Marathon) and MD17002LMJ (Full Marathon)
USATF Course Certification: USATF Course Certification: MD17001LMJ (Half-Marathon) and MD17002LMJ (Full Marathon)
Typical weather for the end of March in this region is an average high of 57 degrees and low averaging around 43 degrees. This year's event will be a few weeks later than we typically have it, so hopefully a little warmer, Weather is unpredictable however and snow and rain or other conditions are possible. IF the conditions are icy or snowy resulting in unsafe conditions the race will be canceled and will be announced on this page and on the B&A race Facebook page.
The marathon course will close at six hours (13:45/mile pace).A 30-minute early start will be offered, early starts will not be eligible for awards. Course support will be withdrawn at 6 hours or 1:30 pm.
Time Limit- The marathon course will close at six hours (13:45/mile pace). Please plan accordingly. The time limit will be strictly enforced. A 30-minute early start will be offered, early starts will not be eligible for awards. Course support will be withdrawn at 6 hours or 1:30 pm. Do not register if you are unable to complete 26.2 miles in 6 (six) hours. No exceptions will be made. There is no strict time limit for the half marathon. Walkers are welcome for the half marathon. Timing Professional chip scoring will be used for the marathon and half marathon. Timing will be by Maryland Timing and the results will be available on their website as well mdtiming.com
First aid personnel will be stationed at the finish in the school to assist with any needs you have. Vaseline, ibuprofen and bandages will be available at the later marathon water stops and in the school. Anne Arundel County Fire and Rescue will be stationed at the school and throughout the course for any medical emergencies.
Water and Huma hydration will be available approximately every 3 miles. Huma gels will be available on the course. A course map with water stops marked will be posted on the website.
On race day, you must run the race for which you are registered. If you end the marathon at 13.1 miles, you will be scored DNF (did not finish).
This race does not allow strollers, headphones, or animals that are not service, in either distance.
All decisions of the race director are final.
AwardsAll finishers will receive medals.
There will also be Male and female overall awards for both races, masters awards, and age group awards in 10-year groups. No cash prizes
Bag DropPlease leave your bag in your car. We will not be offering a bag check.
Travel and Lodging
The closest airport to the race is Thurgood Marshall Baltimore Washington International (BWI). Hotel and bed and breakfast accommodations are available throughout the Annapolis and BWI airport areas. There will be no road closures in the morning affecting driving to the school.
Details coming soon
Volunteers are always needed! Please signup to volunteer here – https://runsignup.com/Race/Volunteer/MD/SevernaPark/BAMarathonandHalfMarathon
If you have questions please email email@example.com
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the race director.