A 12-week build-up program for half marathon runners.
This low-key program will guide the participants from a base of 6 miles up to a long run of 14 miles in 12 weeks. The goal will be for all who complete the program to be able to complete the B&A Trail Half Marathon or an alternative half marathon around the same timeframe. You must sign up for the race on your own. They CLOSE OUT so sign up early!
Annapolis Striders membership and ability to run 6 miles comfortably (comfortable, conversational pace). Not quite there yet? Let us know and we will help you get there.
Annapolis Striders training classes are a free benefit for members. In order to participate in this training class, you must have a current membership. You may become a member or renew an existing membership online or by mail-in form. After signing up as a member (or if you are already a member), you must also register for the training with the registration method for the upcoming session below. Training coaches will not accept membership signups or training registrations in-person at training sessions.
GoalsTo complete a half-marathon (13.1 miles).
- A detailed 12 week schedule.
- How to build up for the half marathon, various pace charts, injury prevention and treatment, running safety, and keeping running fun.
- Information on appropriate winter running attire will also be provided.
The B&A Trail has generously allowed us to hold this program on the trail. We must follow all B&A Trail rules. Information on trail running safety and parking will be provided.
Current Training Session
January 20, 2018 - April 8, 2018
Target RaceB&A Trail Marathon & Half Marathon
- Coach - Michael Myers
- Assistant Coach - Dave Dold
- Mentors - Pete Cooper, Carol Churches, Lee Crumbaugh, Kelly Kelly, Anne Knab, Cindy Kulikowski, Tricia Lascola, Henry Schut
- 2018 Winter Half Marathon Announcement-r2
- Winter Half Marathon Training Plan - Striders
- Annapolis Striders Winter Half Marathon Training Program Update 1 - 20171228
- Annapolis Striders Winter Half Marathon Training Program Update 2 - 20180112
Sessions and Locations
- Saturday Mornings at 7:30 AM
- Severna Park High School
60 Robinson Rd
Severna Park, MD 21146 United States
+ Google Map