Dear ES6 Family,
We are on for the 10th edition to occur Saturday, August 29th. We will be practicing the following contact-free safeguards that will provide reasonable prevention of exposure to the virus and allow for a safe experience for all participants:
1 – Greenbury Point would be restricted to only runners and limited race management personnel. No support crews nor spectators allowed. A volunteer will be stationed on the main road verifying cars and runners.
2 – Screening of all participants upon arrival at Greenbury Point will be documented.
- As runners arrive and while still in their cars, their names will be verified against the registration list.
- They would be asked whether they have experienced COVID 19 symptoms or been around anyone who has in the last two weeks. Answers will be recorded.
- Their temperature would be taken. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 F would be refused access to Greenbury Point and instructed to leave and to contact their physician and seek medical advice.
3 – Runners would only be allowed to use Portable Toilets and hand washing stations provided, not the facilities at Greenbury Point.
- Runners would be required to use the Portable Hand Washing Stations prior to and after using the Portable Toilets.
- Portable Toilets would be cleaned – sprayed with disinfectant – after every use.
4 – Contact Free Race procedures
- Runners will be required to cover their mouth and nose, with a face cover (Buff, mask, etc.), at all times prior to start and immediately upon finishing.
- Runners will be instructed to exercise social distancing at all times, even while running.
- Runners will stay to the right of the path/trail while running and announce themselves when intending to pass another runner.
- Race packets contact free. Prior to the race, packets will be laid out in an area separate from one another, with only one person at a time allowed to retrieve a packet.
- No aid will be provided to runners. They will be required to provide their own aid from their vehicles during the race.
- Vehicles will be parked end to end to ensure social distancing.
- A corral and wave system will be used
o 10 runners at a time will line up in a corral with lines separating individuals into six foot sections.
o Runners will start one at a time separated by 10 seconds each.
- Event timing will be provided without any contact necessary by runners.
- Awards will be mailed or laid out in an area similar to race packets separate from one another, with only one person at a time allowed to retrieve an award.
Other contact-free safeguards may be established so that we can still hold the event. We will keep you updated as we progress. We appreciate your time.
Mosi, John, & Steve
ES6 is a proud benefactor for the Semper Fi Fund. http://semperfifund.org.